Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Screw You, Early Winter

What in the world happened? Somehow, I blinked and missed Fall.

Autumn is my favorite season. It means first sweaters, chai lattes, changing leaves, hand holding, warm coffeeshops, and scenic walks. It's a season of romance and comfort--the perfect combination.




But this year, I missed Fall. Last week, few trees had even shown a hint of color. Yesterday, however, they were all yellow and red. Great, I thought, I'll spend this weekend outside. But today is absolutely freezing! All day I did the usual "Boston winter" move: clutch coat closer, look at the ground, forget about how the wind is making your hair look absolutely ridiculous. This look is neither romantical nor comfortable--it's as if a big "Fuck Off" is stamped on my forehead.
...I'm not bitter at all that I missed the Fall.

No comments: