Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Speed the Plow--That's What She Said

Once my funds are sufficient, I have a new game plan. I desperately want to see "Speed the Plow" on Broadway.

Reasons to start saving pennies:
1) Jeremy Piven. I love everything he touches--most notably "Entourage," but also all his crusades with John Cusack. I'd love to see his second foray into theatre.
2) David Mamet's shows fascinate me. They focus almost entirely on the power of man, while still managing to incorporate (arguably) useless female roles. The female characters only seem to highlight the importance of the man.
3) Raul Esparza. He's an amazing actor and I was fortunate enough to seem him front row in "Company" a couple years back. I'd love to see him in a straight play.
4) Elisabeth Moss from "Mad Men." See a couple posts back and you'll understand why this part is cool. She's a little frumpy, but that would definitely make sense in a Mamet show.
5) Jeremy Piven, again. He's hot. Let's deal.

Maybe next semester?

No comments: