Sunday, February 22, 2009

Wipe Your Feet Before Stepping All Over

This week was the week that wouldn't end.

I think I'm finally figuring out who my friends are. Three years into college and I'm just now recognizing that I don't deserve to be betrayed. I deserve friends that respect and love me. I shouldn't waste my time with an organization that doesn't seem to care about me one way or the other. I deserve friends that care about my well-being, and have the sense enough to realize when they are hurting me. I deserve honest friends. To be fair, I should be more honest towards them. This past week has made me realize that I haven't really emotionally grown since I last handled the same situation, because I'm handling it in exactly the same way--by doing nothing.

Where's my spine? How have I managed to become this shadow of a person? I used to think I had gumption and guts, now I feel weak. Just post "Welcome" on me and I'm a doormat.

No comments: