Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Fashion Smashion

Now I'll preface this blog with the fact that I don't normally follow fashion week. Don't get me wrong, I definitely look at what the designers have come out with, but usually all at once at the end of Fashion Week(s). But this time around, I am just...struck by Marc Jacobs' collection. It has so much variety throughout it but still manages to maintain quintessential "Marc" features. The lines, the angles, the colors, the patterns, they're all very "Marc" but they're still innovative.

Of all the fall collections, he definitely seems to have used the most colors, and they are FANTASTIC.


And while they're over the top in some ways, they actually seem wearable. Not in a "I'm about to go to the office for a serious meeting" kind of ready. But very weekend-chic.

Or this one:


Take away the tights or the dress, and this is entirely wearable. Also maybe comb the hair...just saying.

I'm really pleased by this collection and can't wait to go to Marc and touch and feel all the fabrics. I definitely can't afford any of it, but what's the harm in trying on?

No comments: